Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday

Another stellar day in Little Amsterdam (i.e. Kent, WA) No rain, chilly but not worthy of gloves and just a slight wind from the South. Today's ride is supposed to be 30-45 minutes Tempo riding but still spinning like crazy (90-100 rpm) (Zones 2 and 3) but I took a full hour.

Ride Time: 1 hour
Avg HR: 155
Max HR: 175
Avg Speed: 18 ish

I got ribbing from the Manly group about not riding with them on "Race Day" but it's not worth it to me to deviate from the plan. Tomorrow is another Easy spinning day which I may or may not do on the trainer. Thursday is Power Intervals and Friday is recovery for the weekend.

My Hammer Nutrition stuff showed up today so I'm anxious to use that this weekend.

2 comments:

Old as dirt said...

NO GLOVES??? you're a sick man!
You want to be frostbitten for Frostbite, I guess.

I am trying Hammer Nutrition too, so far so good, just got a mailing about their new appetite supressant pills!!

Avg 18mph? Dang, mine is about 15.4

Anonymous said...

look at the HR values though... it doesn't qualify as "easy" by my old standards...

Premium Insurance Caps and Phytomax are the supplements I'm on. The verdict is still out on the gels and will be until a race day... The caps are go so far though. Colors the urine just enough so you know you're getting the vitamins