Friday, March 16, 2007

Teal for Best Frenchman??

The good folks at Skuut... and Adobe... have helped me mock up an Adult Skuut version. I can see it now. Adult Skuut races... Adult Skuut accessories... Adult Skuut knitted haats. It'll be like the Pet Rock... everyone will have them. The Zipp wheels are for safety reasons. We needed a high quality wheel to help keep the user's feet out of the spokes. Of course we'll have to use 3/4 to 1 inch ply for the fork and possibly the seat post... a nice birch ply or maple perhaps... Ol' Culry has asked for a version made out of hickory... just cuz that's how he rolls. It also has a cigarette pouch under the seat. Gonna be big.

Well... there were a few smartasses that said "Teal - Best Frenchman" yesterday... otherwise nice work. It was Red. A few folks have suggested we use the trivia to do a "Name that Axley Rider" on the Trivia... we may... I'll send the idea down to Creative to see what they can come up with. My first thought is that if we use PruDog as the gold standard, some of the other names must be a "dog" reference. Like WeinerDog and Footlong... BratWurst for a rider with an accent... alright.. Curly don't want to give away the farm. We'll work on it. While you folks were out Skuuting Curly and the Male Model were over at Sewer Park watching the Crack Ranchers move through a mess of Crack Cattle while we did a little sprint training on the Sewer course. I must note that a couple of riders waved yesterday... the Male Model and a Bernie's rider who was out doing efforts on Lk WA Blvd. It's working folks... riders are softening up.

What's on tap for this weekend. For Ol' Curly... he's only got the next 9 weeks to fit in: Building a "poop" area for the dogs (fenced and lanscaped for easy collecting), ripping up the back yard, installing a sprinkler system, grading, building 3 small retaining walls, DESTROY the mole that's been mogulling my back yard, grass-seeding, paint lil' Curly 2's bedroom, refinish his floors, replace his baseboards, add closet doors, and get some racing in. Why 9 weeks? Cuz Lil' Curly 2 will be here and Ol' Curly will then be helping out with him. Now I know what yer sayin'... "But Curly... what about racing and stuff?" Pipe down... I'll do a little... A Sequim here... A Sewer there... a PR in between. In the meantime... Mrs. Curly is a tough negotiator and general badass project manager (i.e. naggin' person).

Your Training: I want you to ride backwards downhill. This is to emulate how it feels to be Curly and get dropped on every climb. Then I want you to go rest... you prolly have racing tomorrow. Good luck... you'll need it against those WoW folk. Did I mention that most of the categories at Sequim were won by WoW riders who aren't even at their peak of perfection yet? Well, if I didn't... I just did. 2 admin items... Happy St Patty's Day... and OAD's video is on the back burner while I'm teaching lil' Curly how to ride his bike.

12 comments:

UltraMick said...

OAD is going to be ALL OVER your case cuz it's St. Paddy's Day. There is no St. Patty (well, maybe there's a St. Patricia somewhere). At least get yer genders right before you start in on the Guinness.

BION (believe it or not) a Hagens Berman rider waved at me on the trail this week. And an Axley guy grinned AND waved. Must've been somethin' in the rain....

Anonymous said...

yeah I know about the Irish and St. Patty... it's like Starbucks folk hearing the word "expresso"

UltraMick said...

or "I road in a brake for 3 laps"

Jamie Stangeland said...

I got 'the nod' (after I gave 'the wave') from an HB rider on my way home last night at the 5 way intersection where Stoneway becomes Greenlake Way N. Couldn't tell who it was though, wasn't wearing my seeing galsses.

Anonymous said...

Where's OAD today... out chasing the snakes away from Seattle...? I expected some kind of Scottish/Irish backlash... like the Irish dude who called me an idiot for the Sean Kelly video.

UltraMick said...

I assume OAD's at work. He didn't call me at lunch though.... Maybe HE is working...

Anonymous said...

working... ha... silly Irishman

Old as dirt said...

Someone has to earn money to pay for the coffee.Otherwise there would be no skuuting for teh lil' Curly's

Russell@Upper Echelon Fitness said...

Is it unusual to have an HB or Axley rider wave to you? If I were to ever actually ride my bike, I would wave. We're a pretty friendly bunch, ya know, us Hagens guys.

Russell

Anonymous said...

The older HB guys usually nod or do the finger wave (not just the middle one) the younger "punks" don't so much and I mean punks in the nice way. Byrnies don't so much minus a few select riders that I have met. :) Stoked included

Anonymous said...

Good thing we took down the HB Anonymous banner huh? That thing was pretty offensive.

Happy St. Patty's Day OAD... Someone said you were Scottish tho... I think it was Anonymous.

UltraMick said...

I was snubbed by TWO Byrne riders on the trail tonight...nary a wave or smile. That's what I get for wearing an anonymous blue jersey, I guess....