Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Curly Sport Mag and Trivia

Welcome back folks... I think we're onto something here with the knockoff magazine... and I am in the wrong profession. At some point we'll need to add a PayPal link for you to buy your own issue. First few are free sort of deal.

Annoyance of the day: So many of you have heard me rant and spray about letting Lil' Curly play around in the "Training" Office room... Well, this has been an ongoing issue... It seems that on the days when Mrs. Curly has the boy she likes to let him roam in that area and the storage area next to it. Well... Curly stashes his liquor there... All sorts of collector's bottles of Jack and what not... Well Lil Curly is just smart enough that he figured out how to open a bottle and pour it on the floor in a matter of minutes IF left to his devices... while Mrs. Curly checks her e-mail and such. Don't worry... Lil' Curly didn't get drunk or nothin'... but the mess of what he spilled has encouraged some ants to creep in and feed... Yeah... I'm trying to kill the little bastards right now... while I'm typing this...

Moral of the story... Don't let Lil Curly in there dammit! He's like his Ol' Man... 'cept I don't waste liquor.

Now Lil' Curly did know enough to pour out the crap liquor... and not the good stuff. Unfortunately, for me... it happened to be a bottle of apple something... so I'll be battling the ants for a while.

How does this enhance your cycling experience... Well, it don't... Unless you drink while you ride.

Things that make Curly laugh: Curly went down to the cage yesterday to collect his beautiful bike... to head home... and there was a little note on the frame. It said... "Hi... I just stopped by to say that I think your bike is hot"... www.yourbikeishot.com Now, Ol' Curly can take a joke... it's hard to pull one over on Curly... but that is damned funny. It sure beats the old "shift Curly's bike down a couple of gears so when he tries to take off it nearly makes him crash" routine... To the joker... I'm thinkin' up a good one for ya.

I think we can do one better than this site tho... Send me a nice picture of your ride... I'll make up a story about it to give it a personality... we'll do this on Wednesdays... I'm sure Martaint has a bike around that I didn't talk about.

Alright... Trivia is different today... Post your answer in the comments if ya have an opinion.

Q: Stokem Diva has quite a hat knittn' gig going here... Should Curly send the order down to design a logo for "Stokem Diva Knitted Hats"? If the the "yes" out weigh the "no"... we have one up tomorrow morning.

A: Below in the comments please...

Your Training: You should be tired from yesterday's bike maintaintenance... Do some sprints to further put your body in the hole. We'll rest tomorrow.

HOLY CRAP: Funny alert... read THIS and then THIS. Ol' Curly can empathize with this smartass bastard.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

AGAIN with the Martaint. Prepare for litigation.

Old as dirt said...

Yes, on the logo...of course

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Curly... PEUM is with you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chiefy... I think if you Google Martaint™... You'll be surprised what shows up... Thank you PEUM for your support once again.

Old as dirt said...

Nice mag cover, let's hope mr Strangelove has some more in the tank for later in the season.
If not he can just use the ever increasing "I'm not working 'cause there are two cat 5s from the same team in this break!!"

What's up with that? I don't have a strong team at this race so I'm gonna try to screw everyone elses race up! Just stay at home then, and it's not just one person doing this.
Bring it all or don't bring at all, this is LOCAL racing. Stop watching the Pro's.

Anonymous said...

Not sure I follow OAD. Which not-strong team were you talking about?

I vote for "Stoked Hats" logo. She already has a little sticker to go on the hat when they are new. I'm growing dread-locks now so I can look right in mine.

Old as dirt said...

I'll explain on Sat when you give Jamie a ride to the Race in B'ham. Weren't you the one who wanted to race early, so you could do family stuff later in the day :-)
Now get Jamie to the race, I would but our car is at training camp!
I hear there was a super sercret PEUM meeting on the BG trail tonight, rumor has it Lake Forest Park Police were called in to break it up!!

Anonymous said...

Irony is I have to give the wife ALL DAY Saturday in order to get a pass for Sunday - so no early race for me. I think Stanglenator has a ride figured out.

Kenmore meeting: low fives on the bike are the new waves - everybody's doing it.

CYCA ripped past me on Juanita. He said he was late for a fitting. Nice night to be a bike commuter eh?

Anonymous said...

HA!.. you said CYCA... It just goes to show that if you force things long enough... they eventually fit.